Citizen Star News Outreach

What's going on with Citizen Star News?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  CZenStar 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

CZenStar

TL;DR – Looking for ways to re-invent and re-invigorate CSN. Anyone interested in the project is welcome to pipe up here or contact me.

Citizen Star News (CSN) was founded to be a group project to provide a news site for the Star Citizen project, with intentions of having an in game News Org.

We were pretty successful for quite some time, but never quite got the group level involvement it needed to become a stable functional institution. One man can’t keep that up for too long, even with the occasional excellent contributions we got along the way. When I fell ill, it became extremely difficult to keep up.

Imperial News Network (INN) kinda cleaned our clock on a level. Wolf Larson told me that CSN was one of their inspirations. We applaud what Wolf was able to do, pulling together some dedicated folks into a real team and provide the kind of services and reporting we wanted to. He’s a DIY kinda guy as far as websites go, so can appreciate why it didn’t occur to him to join the CSN project.

Fully support INN. They’ve done a great job and pulled together a great team (although not always done things the way I would have, but hey that’s not necessarily a bad thing).

So where are we today?

The site itself is being maintained and in something of a holding pattern. We have a partially complete redesign that got back-burnered to do this site. And a few potential spin off projects.

Looking for ways to re-invent and re-invigorate Citizen Star News. (This site is in a way part of that, although believe stands on it’s own.) Anyone interested in the project is welcome to pipe up here or contact me.

Open to others taking lead positions. I am great at getting projects started and supporting them, but have come to realize I am not one of those people that can drive something like this by shear force of will indefinitely.

– CZenstar aka Citizen Ed

• This topic was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by  CZenStar.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar